- What Type of Training Do I Want?
- Words to Justify Attendance
- Who Should Attend
- Where We Teach & Hotels
- Academic Calendar
- CEA Credential Renewal
FEA/Private Sector Certification
Many organizations invest significant dollars in attempting to apply the discipline of Enterprise Architecture without the benefit of fully qualified staff to do the analysis and the EA modeling and program support activities to make it work. This increases the risk and likelihood of failure, for them and/or their clients. FEAC™ Certification of your staff ensures the keys to complex projects’ success residing in understanding and leveraging the culture of the organization, tying into the budgeting processes, developing a realistic Statement of Work (SOW), selling it internally, implementing and integrating program elements, and measuring progress. For the Government, it also involves linking Enterprise Architecture to the CPIC, Exhibits 300 & 53, security, and to other ongoing OMB directed initiatives.
The FEAC™ Institute understands all of these various needs, whether government or public sector, and can build the skills needed to succeed in your Enterprise Architecture program, project, career or community. We offer the following programs for different levels of educational needs:
Black Belt Certification Enterprise Architecture (CEA) Program View Syllabus »
Green Belt Enterprise Architecture Certificate View Syllabus »
Applicants must possess the ability to undertake college-level study. A general knowledge of business, program or IT planning and conceptual thinking abilities are desirable. Each course within these programs offers separate assignments and exams, but they are taught in relative consecutive order. Courses are often taken while students hold full-time jobs but are extremely intensive and, therefore, require a great deal of effort outside of daily life. There are two weeks and two days required attendance in person, away from your work, spaced weeks apart.
10 week certification program (both FEA/Commercial and DODAF), in three parts
- Session 1 consists of 40 hours in-class and 60 hours online
- Session 2 consists of 40 hours in-class and 60 hours online
- Session 3 consists of 14-16 hours in-class for written final certification (CEA) examinations and Orals Practicum Presentation
Overall – Consists of 20 CEU credits offered in 5 courses
- Four graduate level courses (4 CEU credits per course)
- Final Practicum course (4 CEU credits) – students team on a small piece of an existing/future enterprise architecture project – that can be real and directly related to their work environment or with approval their customer
Certifications and Rewards
- CEA (Certified Enterprise Architect) designation from the CEA Examination Board and CSUEB
- Certificate of Completion in Enterprise Architecture and 20 CEUs from the Division of Extended Education CSU East Bay
- Digital certification logo (below) for use with your business cards and/or email signatures
- TOGAF 8 Certification from The Open Group if desired – at a small additional fee.
- CEA logo
- CEA lapel pin and FEAC™ Institute baseball cap
- Graduate credits transferrable to the University of your choice (see details »)
- Ability to join a large network of FEAC™ Alumni who participate in invited forums, conferences and other FEAC™ sponsored events.
- Year free initial membership in the International Professional EA Consortium (IPEAC)
Certification Enterprise Architecture (CEA) Programs
|CEA Program Fee for Private Sector (Industry and Commercial)||$11,000|
|Green Belt Certificate for Private Sector||$5,500|
|CEA Program Fee for Government Employee||$10,000|
|Green Belt Certificate for Government Employee||$5,000|
|Discounts for having attended Workshops|
|3-Day Workshop Discount [more info]||- $ 500|
|5-Day Workshop Discount [more info]||-$ 750|
|Certification Program Volume Discount [more info]||(requires 5 or more attendees)|
|(Note: Only one discount applies per registration)|
|Additional Costs for receiving 16 Graduate Credits [more info]||+ $ 2800|